Thursday, March 16, 2006

ISTP quotes Wagner...

Achievements, seldom credited to their source, are the result of unspeakable drudgery and worries.
Richard Wagner

Curiously enough, our historical memory of the splendour of the German name dates from a period that was so harmful to the German character, namely, the period when the Germans ruled over non-German (ausserdeutsche) peoples.
Richard Wagner

Even if I know I shall never change the masses, never transform anything permanent, all I ask is that the good things also have their place, their refuge.
Richard Wagner

I am convinced that there are universal currents of Divine Thought vibrating the ether everywhere and that any who can feel these vibrations is inspired.
Richard Wagner

I am fond of them, of the inferior beings of the abyss, of those who are full of longing.
Richard Wagner

I hate this fast growing tendency to chain men to machines in big factories and deprive them of all joy in their efforts - the plan will lead to cheap men and cheap products.
Richard Wagner

I have long been convinced that my artistic ideal stands or falls with Germany. Only the Germany that we love and desire can help us achieve that ideal.
Richard Wagner

I write music with an exclamation point!
Richard Wagner

Imagination creates reality.
Richard Wagner

Joy is not in things; it is in us.
Richard Wagner

One supreme fact which I have discovered is that it is not willpower, but fantasy-imagination that creates. Imagination is the creative force. Imagination creates reality.
Richard Wagner

The birth of the new German spirit brought with it the rebirth of the German people: the German War of Liberation of 1813, 1814 and 1815 suddenly familiarised us with this people.
Richard Wagner

The word "deutsch" is also found in the verb "deuten" (to make plain): thus "deutsch" is what is plain to us, the familiar, the wonted, that which was inherited from our fathers and springs from our very own soil.
Richard Wagner

Whatever my passions demand of me, I become for the time being - musician, poet, director, author, lecturer or anything else.
Richard Wagner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home